Importance of a Website, A Blueprint for Your Online Success Part I
Importance of a website, this is Part I in a series for a Blueprint for Your Online Success.
What is the importance of a website?
- People and the general public expect you, as a business person or organization, to have a website.
- If you don’t have a website people could perceive you as unprofessional and not up-to-date on business essentials in today’s online world.
Ask yourself, what are your thoughts if you hear that someone you are interested in doing business with does not have a website? What are your initial perceptions?
- Websites provide a “safe” environment for people to get a feeling for what it is that you offer.
- There is no “sales pressure” to interact with you.
- You have a prime opportunity to show yourself in the greatest light, so make sure it’s well done!
- You have the opportunity to let your current customers do all of the “selling” for you in the form of an extensive testimonials page with customer/client images and videos (even better!)
- You have the opportunity to show yourself at ease and confident about what you provide in the form of an audio (interview) or video…something live & impressionable!
What else contributes to the importance of a website?
- A website gives a potential customer or client the ability to connect with you through your contact page & email (a “safe” way) or call you directly as well.
- It also provides the opportunity to attract subscribers with a valuable opt-in offer that builds your client list and generates targeted leads.
Would some basic stats help with your understanding of the importance of a website?
According to http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm:
- The population of North America (est 2012) is 348,280,154
- The latest data is that 273,785,413 of that number or 78.6% are internet users
- Which is up 153.3% in the period of 2000-2012
According to Yelp.com 85% of consumers use the internet to find local businesses….that is SIGNIFICANT!
Here’s a look:
Survey: 85% of Consumers Use the Internet to Find Local Businesses
Posted by Darnell Holloway, Manager of Local Business Outreach on April 6, 2012
(How many times consumers used the internet to find a local business in the past 12 months. Photo credit: Search Engine Land)
New Mouse Media is a WordPress SEO Website Design & Development Company with SEO web search engine marketing expertise. We specialize in the “Foundational Basics for Your Online Success”. The “Basics” include WordPress SEO website design with SEO aka Search Engine Optimization plus Web 2.0 services. Web 2.0 services essentially covers the foundational basics for your online marketing strategy. This includes email marketing set-up, Facebook timeline design and set-up, and connecting your website, blogging and email marketing/lead capture capabilities to all of your social media accounts.
We are a Colorado WordPress Website Development Company with SEO internet marketing & Facebook social media marketing expertise. Our SEO web design packages make it easy to maintain control of of your website design & development budget. We are happy to work within your internet marketing budget. Check out our WordPress web design portfolio.
New Mouse Media understands the importance of a website. It’s our sole purpose for being. We are based in Basalt, Colorado happily serving the surrounding communities of Aspen, Vail, Boulder & Denver, Colorado, as well as many of our clients that are nationwide!